Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Crush, Crush?

So, first of all, party school? My RA is having a "Passion Party" and I had an insane lecture on my sexual health.
So, crush, crush? Weird week? Um, yeah. Weird, emotion-filled week. And no one gets it. The guy my roommie likes thinks I like him...? Um, no, I am actually repulsed by him. He is a nice guy and we had a "deep" talk, but, um, no, no thanks.
And then there is guy who should be gay, but follows me around and walks me to class and keeps inviting me to do things. Sometimes I wonder why I am a nice person in real life.
And then, there is Replacement Spencer, who everyone thinks I have something with... I guess, in the college world, we revert back to our junior high school selves and conclude that guys and girls can't be just friends. I like the just friends thing. It's comfortable.
Leads me to another just friends thing I have going on. There is this guy, let's just say he is pretty, and, therefore, really fun to like on a shallow level. And I know that he knows that I am attracted to him, but, oh well. I also know I don't have a chance. But he had a conversation with a girl who didn't know I liked him. They talked about me. He called me cool. Made my day just a bit. Yes, reverting back to the junior high self again. The hot guy calling you cool making your day thing... Actually, wait, no, in junior high, the cute guy called me a bitch.... But that's a different story. No, no, I think his words were "she's a freak..." Okay, I don't remember. For once in my life, I don't remember.
So, good crush? Yes, but I am not yet going to call it a crush... But, there is this guy, and my heart is just going out to him. I don't want to be in a relationship, but I want to get to know him on a deeper level. Make sense? Does anything I say? Not really, not really ever. And it's a secret, but it's not a secret. And it's hard to explain. I don't like him, but I feel obligated to help him. It's probably because he is the only person who hasn't been expecting me to clean up his messes. I should have reached out right then and there and invited him to grab coffee with me. But I know that God works in mysterious ways and I can do just that. I don't want it to mean anything, I just want to grab a coffee (I am an addict) and catch up on life.
So, this year has gone from a crush on a devil warshipper (Hell.) to a bible humper (Heaven.) to a shallow crush that is just something to waste time while we are here (Purgatory.) to someone normal who I am not saying I am crushing on (Earth.).
It's Earth. It's a comfortable place to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment